Scope of Work
Urban Planning, feasibility studies, marine work design, Architectural & Structural design, electro-mechanical design, landscaping design, tender document & execution drawing preparation, and construction supervision.
The project was divided into 2 phases:
Phase 1 which includes:
- The construction of reinforced concrete retaining wall with 1250m length.
- Filling 200 000 m2 of the port western area with various depths from 2m to 4m.
- Construction of new terminal yards of about 100 000 m2 for the execution of an 2km spinal road with 15m width and entrance yard of about 52500m2, further to the renovation of the main and secondary existing roads with 15m width and 3 km length and renovating two existing weight scales vicinity the exit yard and constructing another two closed to the entrance yard.
- layout works included construction of two main logistic centers, service areas, parking areas, sewage network, fire fighting, and lighting and information network in addition to the construction of quay services and its pavement and onshore areas
- phase 2 the completion of the filling work of the new containers and cargo storage yards and deepening the ships bay depth and constructing its paving and the road and yards fences, construction of administrative service buildings, logistic buildings ,parking areas closed to the trucks exit and entrance yards
Phase 2 includes the following terminals:
- Dry bulk terminal of about 115000m2.
- General cargo terminal of about 115000m2.
- Multi purpose terminal of about 550000m2.